1. No booking is valid until the initial instalment of the rent is paid and the booking is confirmed by the Owner in writing or by email. Once a booking is confirmed the Guest (i.e. the person in whose name the booking is made) is responsible for the full balance of the rent. Normally the initial instalment is 50% but where the booking is more than 6 months in advance of the holiday it is 30% with a further 20% payable 3 months in advance. A final payment of 50% is payable in both instances 6 weeks before the start date. Where a booking is made within 6 weeks of the start date the rent is payable in full when booking.
2. The letting runs from 3.0 pm on the start date until 10.0 am on the end date specified in the Owner’s booking confirmation. The Guest will vacate by 10.0 am on the end date. The letting is for use as holiday accommodation only and is exempt from the security of tenure provisions of any enactment.
3. Damage and breakages are the responsibility of the Guest and the Guest will keep and leave the property and all furniture fittings and effects in the same state of repair, cleanliness and general order in which they were found. A deposit of £200 is payable at the same time as the balance of rent is payable; this will be returned within 3 working days of the end date unless required to make good any contravention of this or the following provision.
4. Pets must be under control at all times. Any fouling of lawns or elsewhere on the property must be cleared up without delay. Dogs must not be left alone on the property and must not be allowed to lie on beds or furnishings and hair must be cleared up before departure. Dog owners must ensure that their pets are free from parasites and fleas and failure to do so may incur charges. There is a charge of £25 per pet per week or part of a week, payable at the same time as the balance of the rent is payable.
5. The property may not be occupied by more than 12 persons and may not be used for weddings or other events. No marquees, tents, campervans or caravans may be brought onto the property without the Owner’s prior approval.
6. Bed linen (duvets) and towels (but not beach towels) are provided for the number of guests as specified in the booking confirmation. Towels may not be taken from the property.
7. If the property becomes unavailable as a result of fire, flood or other unforeseen event or circumstance the Owner may cancel the letting and all rent and other moneys paid by the Guest will be returned forthwith. The Owner has no liability to the Guest beyond the foregoing.
8. Rent paid is not refundable and if the Guest cancels the booking any rent unpaid becomes payable immediately. The Owner may and on receipt of written request from the Guest following such cancellation shall make the property available for reletting and will pay the Guest the amount (if any) by which the rent paid by the Guest plus the amount received by the Owner in respect of any reletting exceeds the full amount of the rent payable under this agreement. Guests are strongly recommended to take out holiday insurance.
9. If any instalment of rent is not paid when due the Owner may treat such non-payment as cancellation of the booking by the Guest and 8 above shall apply.
10. The Owner will not be liable for any loss damage expense inconvenience or injury suffered by the Guest or others caused by failure or defect in the supply of utilities or in structure plumbing electrical systems or water systems or resulting from the nature of the property. The property is not suitable for toddlers.